Monday 10 October 2011

How to body a garden angle pond


How to build a garden pond These pictures are the steps I took when building my pond in my garden. The old small pond was having serious algae issues, so I decided to go big on proper filtration. The Filter I ended up with was a 11000 litre/hour Bio mechanical pressurized unit with built in UV clarifier, I also bought a 5000 litre/hour pump with all the spare capacity I made the decision to dig out and extend my Pond and also add a waterfall and fountain. The original pond was raised and formed a bit of a sitting area so the route for me was to continue this theme all the way round. Once all the digging and shaping was complete a concrete foundation was poured into the shuttering that was supported by the bricks. Once the concrete was set, it was time to get the trowel out and the trusty spirit level and the brickwork was completed using a mix of 4 to 1 (sand to cement). The underlay is one of the most important things to consider, it is the done thing to get hold of some old carpet, this is both very strong and very tough and is ideal. I went to a carpet shop and asked what they did with the carpets that they remove when laying new ones they told me to help myself to whats in their skip....yay!!!....result. So with the entire pond now trimmed with carpet its time to install the liner. Best tip here is to take your time, and slowly fill with water, gently pulling away any crease. That done, its now just a simple matter of completing the brickwork and cutting and cementing ...

Saved Wacom Intuos3 Review




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。







Sponsor Links